Text Size

July 2019

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for July 9, 2019 Board of Directors Meeting

The July 2019 meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM by President, Dennis Logie. Board members present were Dennis,

Steve Bowerman, Rick Bowlby, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, and Angelo Rizzato. Absent member: Hiro Tarumi

AGENDA ITEMS:

1. The June 2019 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes were reviewed and approved. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The June 2019 Treasurer’s Report was reviewed and approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. Nothing of any significance was noted.

3. Club Banner for fences – Sergio Ramirez submitted a price estimate for banners to be hung on field fences. For a 3’x5’ banner with the Club logo and grommets, the cost will be $85. The Club voted to purchase 6 of them to be hung at the various fields and periodically taken down. There was one vote of dissention.

4. August 17-18 Tournament – Bill reported that only 3 teams have signed up so far and with competing tournaments near the same August dates, the likelihood of getting enough teams for the tournament is small. The Board is looking to move the dates to October 19-20. Dennis will check with RWC for field availability and Bill will check with the NCSSA on the dates.

5. Giants Night at San Jose – The flyer/signup form has been hung at Day Play and Night Play with signups slowly coming in. So far about 35 members have signed up. We anticipate 50 attendees to match the number of tickets Angelo has pre-purchased. Traffic to San Jose that time of day has been a problem in the past.

6. Club Shirts for 2019 – Pete reports Mark Kaufmann is printing 35 shirts. That order will be the last one this year.

7. Spring Night League – Pete reports things are going well with 22-25 players showing up allowing for a 2-team format.

8. Emergency Numbers for Players – Pat generated a form for members to fill out giving their name and emergency contact information but is recommending that the form be pre-filled in with the members name so only the contact information needs to be provided. This service will be offered only to those who choose to participate. Pat will redo the form.

9. Trimming of the Snack Shack – The meeting with Eric Newby and Board members to get rid of several items in the Bechet Snack Shack that appear to be junk has been postponed until we return to Red Morton and hopefully before Labor Day or the October tournament.

10. Round Table – Pete prepared the flyer for the Labor Day 1-Pitch. He will contact Donna for labels and a membership mailing. Last year, some of the teams had too many players. The Board is looking at a way to have more teams without running too late. An all-women’s team was discussed and is a possibility if enough players are available. Rick recommended that a pitcher’s screen be placed at second base, near the ball retrieval bucket, during Day Play batting practice. This will protect the person retrieving the balls from getting hit. Rick also recommends the player retrieving the batted balls be rotated after each batter with the player that just batted. The Vintage 1-Pitch Tournament has not been announced to the Club yet.

The meeting adjourned at 8:55 PM

The next monthly Board Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday August 7, 2019

Minutes submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary