Text Size

February 2019

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for February 7, 2019 Board of Directors Meeting

The February 2019 meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM by President, Dennis Logie. Board members present were Dennis, Steve Bowerman, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Dave Reck, Angelo Rizzato, and Hiro Tarumi. Absent members: Rick Bowlby, Bill Picht

AGENDA ITEMS:

1. The January 2019 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The January 2019 Treasurer’s Report was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. The report reflected membership dues payments and Hawes Field prep costs since January. Insurance costs to cover the Board of Directors was also included.

3. Bob Cushman – One of the most revered Club members is under Hospice care. Bob has been involved in almost every aspect of the Club over the years. The Board is considering ways to recognize him.

4. New Date for Tournament – The anticipated date of July 20-21 to host our annual tournament will have to be moved due to the RWC fields not being available. The backup dates of July 6-7 and August 17-18 are now being considered to host two tournaments. If enough teams sign up for both tournaments, we will do both. If not, we will only have one. Sponsored teams will receive a stipend for one tournament.

5. Annual ‘best’ Volunteer Award – With so many volunteers that contribute to the Club each year, it would be very difficult to identify and recognize the ‘best’. Instead, the Board is considering picking an event, and identifying a volunteer or volunteers that contributed heavily to that event.

6. New Drag Screen for Hawes – Hiro talked to Rich (Hawes maintenance) about the condition of the screen used to drag the field. It needs repair, but Hiro does not feel that we need to buy a new one.

7. New Pitching Screens – The screens we currently have are old and in constant need of repair. The Board had previously voted to purchase new ones. Hiro will shop around for two new screens like the ones we have. The old ones will be used for backup or at fields we only play at occasionally.

8. Closing of Hawes Field – With Hawes School closing, there is a question as to whether the field will also close. If not, the Club could use it for summer play if Hoover School is not available.

9. Fall/Winter Night League – Because of the weather, the league has only played one night this year. There are three weeks left on the schedule.

10. Spring Night League – The League starts on Tuesday, March 18 at the San Carlos Highlands Field.

11. Hawes Winter League – Saturday games have been going well. On February 23 there is a Pleasanton Tournament that will draw some of the teams away. The Saturday schedule on that day will be adjusted to accommodate this.

12. Trimming of the Snack Shack – The Bechet Snack Shack has a lot of items that seem of no use. Dennis will ask Eric Newby how we can get rid of these items. The Junior 49ers and Juventus Soccer along with the Seňors are co-habitants of the shack. Angelo is willing to meet with them to decide on how to clean out the shack.

13. Round Table – Steve asked about the 2019 shirt design. Pete will bring options to the March meeting. Dave said that Rick Bowlby talked to Brenda about the original website still up and running and possibly conflicting with the new website. Dave suggested a committee be formed of Pete, Rick, and Dennis to investigate it. Of special concern is the Gone but Not Forgotten section. Pete will look at both sites to determine if there is any concern the Club might have.

The meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM.

The next monthly Board Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday March 6, 2019 at 7:00PM.

Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary