Text Size

April 2019

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for April 4, 2019 Board of Directors Meeting

The April 2019 meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by President, Dennis Logie. Board members present were Dennis, Steve Bowerman, Rick Bowlby, Pete Lewis, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, and Hiro Tarumi. Absent members: Pat Michael and Angelo Rizzato

AGENDA ITEMS:

1. The March 2019 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes were reviewed and approved. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The March 2019 Treasurer’s Report was reviewed and approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato.

3. Highlands Park summer availability for Day Play is not yet assured. More info is needed from Molly, our San Carlos contact. Dennis will also check Hawes availability.

4. August 17-18 Tournament – Bill reported that our August Tournament is a go. Pat will assist Bill in selecting volunteers and providing task checklist assignments.

5. Categories for annual ‘best’ volunteer award – postponed

6. Ice packs – Rick reported that we are out of field ice packs. He will arrange purchase.

7. New pitching screens – Hiro reported that the new pitching screens are in place.

8. Gone but not Forgotten – Pete reported that the ‘Gone but not Forgotten’ section of our website has been updated. The Board will approve any future additions as appropriate.

9. Club Shirts for 2019 – Pete reported that the purchase price of the 2019 Club shirts has increased by approximately $1. The Board agreed to keep the same selling price of $25 for medium/large and $27 for XL and XXL sizes.

10. Spring Night League – Pete reports the league at San Carlos is going well with 24 recent attendees. 11. Trimming of the Snack shack – Dennis reports the contents of the Bechet Snack Shack was discussed with Eric Newby of Redwood City Parks and Rec. Rick will evaluate items to be kept.

12. Round Table – Dennis reported a possible break in of the Bechet field house and theft of the defibrillator, a screen pole, gloves, etc. Dennis notified Eric Newby. Rick reported some women Club members may be interested in forming a team of women only to play in Club events and/or NCSSA tournaments. Bill will check with the NCSSA Board for any complications regarding registry. An option regarding Club events might be the 1-Pitch. They currently are assigned to various 1-Pitch teams but not a team of their own. Rick reported that Brenda used a PRO camera at Day Play and will edit the film for a possible showing at the Holiday Party in addition to the Club website. The Board will follow up on results. In addition, Dennis will speak to Sandy Cushman to retrieve Bob’s photo library for video work. Steve reported that our free Craig’s List event ad will be $5 a week. Steve will check if our non-profit status is an exception. If it isn’t then we will cancel the ad.

The meeting adjourned at 8:45 PM.

The next monthly Board Meeting is scheduled for Thursday May 2, 2019

Minutes recorded by Dave Reck and submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary