Text Size

July 2018

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for July 5, 2018 Board of Directors Meeting

The July 2018 meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM by President, Dennis Logie after a 10 minute session providing the Treasurer with monies collected for Club shirts, 2018 dues, San Jose Giants game, and tournament fees. Board members present were Dennis, Steve Bowerman, Rick Bowlby, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, Angelo Rizzato, and Hiro Tarumi.

AGENDA ITEMS:

1. The June 2018 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The June 2018 Treasurer’s Report was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. The report showed a light month. Included was an expense for 4 strike mats made by Sergio Ramirez and a deposited check from the No Dice softball team who dropped out of the tournament after the June 24 deadline.

3. Tuesday Nights at San Carlos – Steve reports that the strike mat is missing. Good attendance continues. Pete says there has been an issue with players making calls that are often erroneous or controversial. Pete will talk to Kevin Dowling about procuring the services of a certified umpire.

4. Club Shirts – Pete reports that the shirt order has arrived and is ready for distribution. At the 1 Pitch event in September, Pete will display the shirts and style options in preparation for another order to go out.

5. Club Tournament – Pat reports that the schedule is out and has been published on the NCSSA website, volunteers are lined up, water and ice have been stored at Bechet Field, field permits are done, umpires have been arranged, scorecards are made up, and Hiro has a work team on Friday to move the portable fence at the McGarvey outfield. It was decided to limit 1st place awards to 15 per team but allow for exceptions.

6. Griffin Refrigerator and Club Equipment – The small refrigerator in the Griffin shed has a broken door and is of no use to the Club. Hiro will look into disposing of it. It will not be replaced.

7. One Pitch Tournament – Pete will make some changes to the draft flyer and send it out for review. Pete plans on getting it out for Club distribution by August 1.

8. Day Play Incidents – No change from last month.

9. Day Play Rule Change – Substitute runners from home line up with the 3rd base line rather than by the backstop. It was decided to not change this rule. The substitute runner from home is only allowed 1 base except for an over the fence home run, ground rule double, or ‘a ball thrown out of play at 1st base.’ The rule will be changed to say ‘a ball thrown out of play.’

10. Excess Softballs – Hiro is still working to get rid of the extra softballs the Club has but no longer needs.

11. Member Recognition – Last month it was decided to recognize specific Club members at the Holiday party.

12. San Jose Giants – Angelo say signups are at 64. He is arranging for 2 Club members to participate in one of the fun games during the July 25 game. An announcement email will go out soon to remind the Club membership to sign up.

13. Insurance Update – Angelo says we have all the insurance we need.

14. Holiday Party Update – The party is now on December 8, 2018. Pete Kutch is looking for a new caterer.

15. Round Table – Steve inquired about the Club having an all-women’s team to compete in tournaments and the 1 Pitch. There are a dozen or so women in the Club that could make up a competitive team. Discussion only.

The meeting adjourned at 8:35 PM

The next monthly Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, August 6. 2018

Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary