Text Size

January 2018

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for January 4, 2018 Board of Directors Meeting

The January 2018 meeting was called to order at 8:11 PM by Dennis Logie, President. Board members present were Dennis, Steve Bowerman, Rick Bowlby, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, and Angelo Rizzato. Absent: Hiro Tarumi.

AGENDA ITEMS:

1. The December 2017 Board Meeting Minutes were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The December 2017 Treasurer’s Report was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato.

3. Election of Officers – The 2018 Board’s first order of business was to install the 2018 Officers. All current Officers agreed to stay in their capacity for 2018, i.e. Dennis – President, Steve – Vice President, Pat – Secretary, and Angelo – Treasurer.

4. Club Tournament date decision – Of the 4 dates considered for our annual tournament, July 7-8 is the best option. The fields are available and there are no significant conflicts with other tournaments. All the other dates were not good options. Parking might be an issue. Dennis will ask Jerry Marsh if he will again be the Tournament Director. Bill will report our decision to the NCSSA.

5. Umpire Ron – Ron has not been at Day Play or Saturday games for more than a week. If he cannot continue under the conditions Hiro explained to him, the Board will consider discontinuing the relationship. Hiro will contact him to inquire why he has been absent and if he intends to continue. The Board is almost at a decision point to cut ties.

6. Club Shed – The large lot at the Red Morton complex that was being considered to place a 12 x 20 foot shed is evidently federal property that the City has been leasing and is not available. The dirt lot next to the Griffin Field parking lot is now being considered. Dennis will inquire its availability.

7. Annual Meeting comments – Several non-Board attendees had comments at the Annual Meeting that preceded this meeting. New softballs for the women players. The Club will purchase new softballs for the Day and Night Play women players. They will be kept in a separate bucket from batting practice balls. The Bob Cushman video project is on the Club Website under Fundraising. It will now be on the Home Page. Barry Lewis will look into the possibility of the Club becoming a 501 (c) (3), which is mainly for charitable organizations. We are currently a 501 (c) (4) which is for social welfare organizations. The formation of 1 pitch teams needs to be monitored more closely to make sure players on the teams are not too strong or too weak for the league they are assigned to. The 1 Pitch flyer will now include an age entry. The Day Play relay rule, that Hiro announced would be waived for a month, will be reviewed after the month is up. The Board likes the extra home plate for scoring runners.

At this time, the VMSC superintendent informed us that it was 9:00 and we would have to leave. Items on the agenda that were not covered will be addressed at the February meeting.

Meeting was adjourned at 9:04 PM

The next monthly Board Meeting is scheduled for Thursday February 8, 2018.

Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary