Text Size

October 2017

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for October 12, 2017 Board of Directors Meeting

The October 2017 meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM by Dennis Logie, President. Board members present were Dennis, Steve Bowerman, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, and Angelo Rizzato. Absent: Hiro Tarumi and Rob Weiss. Guest: Pete Kutch


1. The September 2017 Board Meeting Minutes were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The September 2017 Treasurer’s Report was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. The report showed another donation to the Club in memory of Howard Patridge. The report also showed the 1 Pitch Tournament earned $143 for the Club.

3. Holiday Party – Pete Kutch, the Holiday Party Coordinator, reports the party committee will meet on October 18 to stuff envelopes with invitations and raffle tickets to be mailed to all Club members. Rick Bowlby and Carole De Gery are soliciting for raffle and auction items. Pete is looking for a singer to accompany a piano player.

4. Update on Club tournament date – Bill is working this item with the NCSSA. July 14-15 might be a better date to have our tournament instead of June 21-24. Bill will see if the Ripon tournament is planned for the same July weekend and if so, can they move. That would leave the Club tournament away from any hard conflicts.

5. Night League – The Fall Season started on September 11 at Hawes Park. Things are going good with 18-24 players showing up. They are using a 2 team, 1 game format.

6. Saturday League – Scheduled to start November 18 at Hawes Park. Pete will contact teams to see who plans on participating. Pete and Hiro will again coordinate the Saturday League.

7. Señor Games Report – Participation was up from last year. A new pitching machine was used thanks to Dennis Kain letting us use his. We had lots of volunteers and no complaints from the Red Morton Community Activities Building about noise. Dennis plans on doing a report with pictures attached.

8. Club BBQ status – Original plans were for Angelo to purchase a BBQ for the 1 Pitch Tournament; however he brought his own from home thinking it wasn’t worth buying a new one that would only be used 1-2 times a year.

9. Club Shed – Dennis checked with RWC about the Club erecting and using a shed in the Red Morton Park area. The City response was not very favorable. Angelo and Pat will survey the park to find a location that the City will not object to.

10. New Scoreboard– Pete has enough parts for a new scoreboard but needs to see if Morris Hosoda has the numbers that slide in.

11. Day Play Rules – Pat mentioned several rules for modification but thought it best if the Day Play commissioners, Hiro and Ron Sorg, decide on any changes. The Board will be interested in any changes but does not need to be coordinated with ahead of time.

12. Round Table – Rob Weiss has decided to resign from the Board. Nominations for 2018 Board membership will be accepted in November. Ralph Mariucci’s son has offered to pay for prostate exams for Club members. The Bob Cushman bat project brought in another $130.

Meeting was adjourned at 9:03 P.M.

The next monthly Board Meeting is scheduled for Thursday November 2, 2017.

Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary