Text Size

December 2017

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for December 7, 2017 Board of Directors Meeting

The December 2017 meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM by Dennis Logie, President.

Board members present were Dennis, Steve Bowerman, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, Angelo Rizzato, and Hiro Tarumi. Absent: Rick Bowlby. Guests: Pete Kutch and Bob Elwood.

AGENDA ITEMS:

1. The November 2017 Board Meeting Minutes were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The November 2017 Treasurer’s Report was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. The report reflected $300 for liquor liability insurance for the Holiday Party. The Holiday Party financial report is still in work.

3. Holiday Party – Pete Kutch, the Holiday Party Coordinator, gave a post party report saying the party finished in the black this year. Attendance at the party was up with 134 attendees, largest number ever. Raffle ticket sales and auction revenue were also up as were expenses. There are several lessons learned that Pete wants to discuss with the Party Committee in January. Overall the party was a huge success.

4. Club Tournament date status – Bill reported the NCSSA says 4 clubs have requested the July 14-15 dates. This makes that date less desirable for the Club to host its annual tournament. There are 4 dates we are considering with each of them having a concern so we have prioritized them and will check field availability and NCSSA tournament conflicts before deciding. Bob Elwood will look into our 4 choices with the NCSSA. They are in priority order: • July 14-15 Possible conflict with Tracy, Turlock, and Folsom • July 7-8 Open but in the same week as July 4th • June 16-17 Open but Sunday is Father’s Day • June 24-25 The same weekend as our 2017 tournament that had only 13 teams participating. Tuolumne is the same weekend and the SSUSA Cal-Cup begins June 26. The NCSSA 2018 tournament schedule might not be out until February.

5. Preview Annual Meeting – The Club sent an email to all members announcing the date, place, and agenda for the 2018 Annual Membership Meeting. Pat showed the ballot that will be used for the election of the 2018 Board.

6. Night League – Pete Lewis says the Fall Season at Hawes Park is going well with attendance averaging around 20 players. Pete asked San Carlos for field availability for the Spring League starting March 13, 2018. There is also interest in using the San Carlos fields during summer Day Play when we have moved to Hoover School in the past.

7. Saturday League – Starts December 9 at Hawes Park with 7 teams signed up. Hiro reports that everything is ready. Pete will contact the managers for them to ensure that all players are Club members.

8. Umpire Ron – Hiro has told Ron that his appearance and cleanliness will have to change for him to continue as the Club umpire. Ron has positively responded and for now he can continue but will be monitored closely.

9. Caps again – Angelo reports that the Club still has 5 white and 3 grey caps and has a request for 6 blue. He will look into a new color and prepare an order for 24 more caps of various colors.

10. Club Shed – There is a large lot at the Red Morton complex that can easily accommodate the 12 x 20 foot shed the Club wants to procure. Dennis will talk to Eric Newby and maybe Chris Beth regarding the lot.

11. New Scoreboard – Pete reports one of the scoreboards got water damaged but with the parts he has and parts that Mo Hosoda will bring to Hawes this Saturday, he will have enough for a complete scoreboard. This will give the Club a total of 3 scoreboards.

12. Day Play Rules – Nothing new.

13. Round Table – The Club logo sign at one of the RWC entrances needed to be reinforced. Dave said that Bob Cushman received 4 orders at the party for the member specific video. Hiro wants to explore a way to recognize Ralph Mariucci who passed away September 2016. Pete says the website was down but expected up soon. Pat will check into the availability of the old batting cage by the pool.

Meeting was adjourned at 9:20 PM

The next monthly Board Meeting is scheduled for Thursday January 4, 2018 following the Annual Meeting.

Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary