Text Size

April 2017

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for April 6, 2017 Board of Directors Meeting

The April 2017 meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Dennis Logie, President. Board members present were Dennis, Steve Bowerman, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, and Hiro Tarumi. Members absent: Angelo Rizzato and Rob Weiss. Guest: Jerry Marsh.

AGENDA ITEMS:

1. The March 2017 Board Meeting Minutes were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The March 2017 Treasurer’s Report was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato in absentia. There were some questions about the Club’s liability insurance. They will be addressed next month when Angelo is present.

3. June Tournament – Jerry Marsh, Tournament Director, provided a status of the Club tournament that is scheduled for June 22-25. Bruce Ultecht, the manager of the Veterans Memorial Senior Center, is going to manage the Snack Shack at Bechet Field. The Courtyard Marriott will provide rooms at the rate of $140/night. Jerry will notify the teams about the Marriott. Bob Elwood will be printing the letters and game cards and will reserve the fields. There are currently 2 teams signed up.

4. Club Shirts – Pete reports that the shirts will be in early next week, possible Tuesday. Pete will bring them to Day Play on Thursday and subsequently to Night Play the following Tuesday. The women’s shirts are also due in.

5. Night League – Pete reports that the League has started off great with 9 new members joining. They found out about the Club through the website, Craigslist, and a member referral. With 29 players showing up the 1st week, they were able to go to a 3 team rotation.

6. Replacement scoreboard – Hiro was able to procure a new wooden scoreboard from Mo Hosoda. Pete took what was left of the broken scoreboard, and put together a partial scoreboard.

7. Photo/Video options – Bob Cushman has gathered a data base of Señors softball pictures and together with a Google app that does face recognition, will personalize a collection of photos featuring any player. Any member can request a copy of their own photos accompanied with music and special effects. The Club will advertise this capability on the Website and Dennis will send out an email. A donation of their choosing will be appreciated from those who receive their photos, generally on a thumb drive.

8. Rain Line – Bill reports that the NCSSA will now have their own rain line phone. That should significantly reduce the load on the Club’s rain line.

9. Day Play rules – The rule change to limit a substitute runner from home, 1st base only unless the hit ball is a ground rule double, over the fence home run, or a ball thrown out of play, was implemented.

10. San Jose Giants event – July 20 is the date Angelo is arranging with the Giants. He is working on getting a Club member to throw out the 1st pitch.

11. Round Table – There was discussion about the possibility of having a Founder’s picnic to honor those who were instrumental in starting up the Club and contributed to its growth and success. There was a mention about reminding players that Safety needs to be foremost on their minds while playing the games.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM. The next monthly Board Meeting is scheduled for Thursday May 4, 2017.

Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary