Text Size

September 2016

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for November 3, 2016 Board of Directors Meeting

The November 2016 meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM by Dennis Logie, President. Other Board members present: Steve Bowerman, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, Angelo Rizzato, Hiro Tarumi and Rob Weiss. Guest: Pete Kutch, Holiday Party Coordinator

AGENDA ITEMS COVERED:

1. The October 2016 Board Meeting Minutes were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The October 2016 Treasurer’s Report was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. The report had the usual entries except for a $400 charge for liability insurance for the Holiday party. Angelo is preparing a new inventory report.

3. Holiday Party – Pete Kutch reported that replies are coming in for the party invitations that have been mailed out to all members. He will be going to the San Carlos Community Center to check out the dining room, screen, speaker system, and microphone. Pete is planning a fun evening with some surprise activities. A letter went out to the membership soliciting raffle and auction donations. The party might feature junior servers who can get school credit for their volunteer work.

4. Night Play Update – Pete Lewis reports that Monday night play has had low attendance. Rain might be a contributor. Attendance should pick up since the 2016 tournament season has ended.

5. 2017 Annual Meeting – Pat will draft the Notice of Annual Meeting letter to be sent to the membership. The letter will go out early December in advance of the January 5 meeting. A request for nominations for the 2017 Board of Directors was sent out last month but no nominations have been received to date.

6. Member Upset Report – A disciplinary letter has been given to a member due to an infraction of the Club rules.

7. Club Shirts – Mark Kaufmann will bring sample shirts to the December meeting. They might be available to sell at the Annual Meeting on January 5, 2017.

8. Saturday League – The League starts this Saturday, November 12 and will run through February 25. Hiro, Pete, and Bruce Barnes will be the League Managers. Pete presented a schedule and rosters for 7 teams; 4 lower division and 3 upper division.

9. Change of Bank – Angelo says the current bank we do business with is Wells Fargo but we can do much better financially at Chase. Angelo will visit a Redwood City Chase branch to try and get the Club a good deal.

10. Señors Logo locations – The stick-on Club logo might not be suitable for the field backstops. More discussion will be at a later date.

11. San Carlos Thank You gift – Signs for the parking lot might not be needed since San Carlos has already ordered some signs.

12. Round Table – Steve will get a quote to modify the Griffin right field fence. There was some discussion on inviting guests to the Holiday Party in gratitude for the help they have given the Club. Bill attended the NCSSA meeting and the 2017 tournament schedule is due to be out by December 31. Our June 22-25 dates should be approved. Pat recommended that the Day Play Commissioners provide a review and suggested changes to the Day Play rules. Hiro will get with Ron Sorg on how to proceed.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:53 PM. Next monthly Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday December 1, 2016.

Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary