Redwood City Señors Softball Club
Minutes for March 10, 2016 Board of Directors Meeting
The March 2016 meeting was called to order at 7:05 by Dennis Logie, President. Other Board members present: Steve Bowerman; Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, and Rob Weiss.
Absent members: Angelo Rizzato and Hiro Tarumi
AGENDA ITEMS COVERED:
1. The February 2016 Board Meeting Minutes
were approved as written although it was noted that the tournament entry fee will be $315 rather than approximately $310 as stated in the minutes. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.
2. The February 2016 Treasurer’s Report
was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. The Club has a $125 credit with NCSSA. The Club’s insurance policy will be discussed when Angelo is available at a Board meeting.
3. June Tournament Director
– The Club has approached a few members to be Tournament Director for the upcoming Señors June tournament. So far, none have agreed to assume the position. Dennis has a list of several additional names he will ask. In the meantime, Bill Pitch will be Interim Director. His name and number are on the NCSSA website and will be on the flyer that is being updated to be sent out soon. The tournament dates are June 23-26 and will be at the new and improved Red Morton fields. Fees will be $315 per team. The new Director will need to ensure that the 2014 tournament issues are resolved, i.e., keep games on time, safety for the players and non players, and reducing the cost to the Club.
4. Parking Lot Car Damage and Insurance
– Due to the Treasurer’s absence, this item will be discussed next month.
5. Holiday Party Commissioner
– Pat was pleased to report that Pete and Debbie Kutch have agreed to coordinate this year’s Holiday Party. Pete, Debbie, Ginger Mah, Donna O’Farrell, and Pat had a Planning Meeting to go over previous parties and ideas for this year’s party. Pete and Pat will visit the VMSC Room Coordinator and the Caterer at The Carvery next week to reserve December 3.
6. Round Table
– The Red Morton fields resurfacing is still ongoing with a lot of work remaining. Day Play stands the chance of not having a field to play on in April if Red Morton is not ready or San Carlos is not able to extend our stay at The Highlands. Pete reports that Night Play has 51 sign ups so far and is scheduled to begin play on March 29. Pete has requested a recent Club roster so he can ensure Night Play players are active Club members. Rob informed the Board that member Randy Schwartz is starting up a baseball team at Everett High Charter School and is need of fielding gloves and other equipment. The Day and Night Leagues will be asked to bring in any extra equipment to Randy. Steve is still working on getting the Club logo on a placard at various City entrances. Steve will be attending an Inner Service Club meeting to discuss the placards. The Board is still looking at something to give San Carlos in recognition of their generosity allowing us the use of Highlands Park for Day Play. Dennis noted that San Carlos was appreciative of our Day Players being cognizant of people walking on the Highlands Field walkways and watching out for their safety.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:25 PM.
Next monthly Board meeting will be Thursday April 7, 2016.
Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary