Text Size

July 2016

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for July 7, 2016 Board of Directors Meeting

The July 2016 meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM by Dennis Logie, President. Other Board members present: Steve Bowerman, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, Angelo Rizzato, Hiro Tarumi, and Rob Weiss.

Guest: Jerry Marsh

AGENDA ITEMS COVERED:

1. The June 2016 Board Meeting Minutes were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The June 2016 Treasurer’s Report was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. The Club received a donation from a member for the 2nd time. This month’s report included income from the tournament and expenses for the San Jose Giants outing and award bags for the tournament. 60 bags were purchased at $19 each.

3. 2016 Holiday Party Update – Party Coordinator Pete Kutch sent a written update to the Board saying that the insurance for the San Carlos Adult Community Center is in work and lunch at the Center is available to the Board to verify the quality of the food for the party.

4. Tournament Wrap-up Discussion – Tournament Director, Jerry Marsh, submitted a 2 page report summarizing the tournament. Overall, the participating teams were very complimentary of all areas including game scheduling, umpires, parking, fields, snack shack, and the water bottles. Jerry was very appreciative of the volunteers that worked extensively to make the tournament a success. There were a few issues that came up but were quickly rectified. Congratulations to RC State Roofing 75 and RC State Roofing 70 for winning their brackets.

5. Commissioner for 1 Pitch Tournament – This year the 1 Pitch will be September 7, 2016 so planning needs to start soon. Hiro agreed to manage the tournament and will put together a committee to discuss the flyer, raffle items, food, teams, and fields. The home run derby from last year will not take place this year. Hiro will have a committee meeting on Monday July 18 at 7:00 PM in the library.

6. Logo for Scoreboards and Backstops – Angelo handed out a stack of Club logos for Day Play to put on the Griffin and Bechet scoreboards and backstops. The ones that are already on the backstops are peeling off.

7. San Jose Giants Update – Angelo reports the event was a success although this year’s attendance was half of last year’s. Club member and oldest active player at 92, Dick St Denny, threw out the 1st pitch and participated in the golf chip contest, winning a prize. Due to several members cancelling their reservation at the last minute, the Club has a credit with the Giants they will use next year. This year’s event cost the Club approximately $300.

8. Night Play Update – Pete reports that due to miscommunication, the Club was not able to play any games last Tuesday because Little League needed the field. Pete will check to make sure the field is available for next Tuesday.

9. Hitting Limit at Day Play Batting Practice – The Board confirmed that the number of pitches a batter is to receive during the pregame batting practice is 8 or less anytime a line has formed to bat. The Day Play Commissioners, Hiro, Bruce Barnes, and Ron Sorg will be asked to remind the pitchers of the rule. As an alternative, batters will be whistled at the count of 8.

10. Membership List Access – Donna O’Farrell maintains the official roster of all Club members. Some of the information on the roster is private. Therefore distribution is limited to Board members and those who need it in an official capacity. Any distribution beyond the Board needs Board approval.

11. Excess Duffel Bags from Tournament – The Club has several extra 1st place bags from the tournament and will give them to some of the tournament helpers and save some for upcoming raffles.

12. New Member Payment Reimbursement – 2 paid members have not showed up recently after only playing a few weeks. Dennis will contact them to see if they intend to continue or want their payment back.

13. Sponsorship Payments – The Board approved all 5 sponsored teams to receive their stipend of $600.

14. Thank You Gift for San Carlos – Gordon Bell will advise the Board about paying for warning signs to post at the Highlands Field.

15. Round Table – n/a

Meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.

Next monthly Board meeting will be Thursday August 4, 2016.

Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary