Redwood City Señors Softball Club
Minutes for February 10, 2016 Board of Directors Meeting
The February 2016 meeting was called to order at 7:05 by Dennis Logie, President. Other Board members present: Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, Angelo Rizzato, Hiro Tarumi, and Rob Weiss.
Absent member: Steve Bowerman
AGENDA ITEMS COVERED:
1. The January 2016 Board Meeting Minutes
were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.
2. The 2016 Annual Membership Meeting minutes
were approved as written.
3. The January 2016 Treasurer’s Report
was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. There was a discussion about the Club’s insurance policy that covers all Club teams and members. Next month, the Board will give the policy a more thorough review.
4. Saturday and Night Leagues
– Hiro reported that after several rainouts, 4 teams were able to play last Saturday. This Saturday, February 13, will be the end of the season. Pete reported that the Monday Night season will complete February 22 and the next Night season will begin Tuesday March 22 at Highlands Park, San Carlos.
5. Parking Lot Car Damage
and Protocol – This issue is related to the Club’s insurance policy and will be revisited next month when the policy is available.
6. Potential Cost Savings
measures – Bill reported the four target events are: 1 Pitch, Hat Sales, San Jose Giants, and the Holiday Party. As each event approaches, the Board will review cost reduction methods.
7. Holiday Party Commissioner
- A search is still ongoing to find a Holiday Party Coordinator for the 2016 party. Pat has asked several people with no one volunteering yet.
8. Decision on Hit for Distance at One Pitch
– While the Board appreciated Chet Lane coordinating the 1 Pitch and putting together an add-on event of hitting for distance and accuracy, it did add to the length of the day’s events. The add-on event will be dropped for 2016 and the entire 1 Pitch event will be looked at to ensure games be kept on schedule. To provide members an opportunity to display their hitting prowess, Senior Games will make a reappearance this year.
9. One Pitch
July 4 or Labor Day – Several factors fa
vor the event on Labor Day rather than the traditional July 4th date. With Twin Creeks having a tournament July 2-3, it makes July 4 even less desirable. The 1 Pitch last year on Labor Day had a record number of participants. For 2016, the 1 Pitch event will be Labor Day, September 5.
10. June Tournament
Director – Bill Pitch has been assuming director duties until the Club can find an official director. The tournament dates are June 23-26 and will be at the new and improved Red Morton fields. Fees will be approximately $310 per team.
11. Round Table
– The Board is looking at something to give San Carlos in recognition of their generosity allowing us the use of Highlands Park for Day Play. Hiro reminds the Day Play coaches to be more vocal on safe or out calls. Angelo says the San Jose Giants have contacted him about the Club’s intent to attend a game this year. Angelo will present date options next month. The issue of a Day Play rover completing a ground ball double play unassisted on a 70+ player was discussed. It was decided that unless the ball is relayed by the rover or the ball is relayed to the rover, any direct throw by the rover to a base for a double play with a 70+ batter, is not allowed. Day Play rules will be revised to clarify the rule. Day Play warm up pitches were discussed regarding a limit of pitches. It was decided that the problem is not enough to warrant any limit.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM.
Next monthly Board meeting will be Thursday, March 3, 2016.
Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary