Text Size

December 2016

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for December 1, 2016 Board of Directors Meeting

The December 2016 meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM by Dennis Logie, President. Other Board members present: Steve Bowerman, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, Angelo Rizzato, Hiro Tarumi and Rob Weiss.

AGENDA ITEMS COVERED:

1. The November 2016 Board Meeting Minutes were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The November 2016 Treasurer’s Report was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. The report showed a large increase in revenue mainly due to 2017 dues payments and Holiday party sales.

3. Night Play Update – Pete reported that the Fall season wrapped up last week and the Winter season will start up on January 9, 2017. Hawes Park is having work done on the left field fence but should be done in time.

4. 2017 Annual Meeting – Pat provide copies of an email to be sent to all members that includes the Notice of Annual Meeting and the 2017 Dues Notice. The email will go out by December 5, 30 days in advance of the January 5 meeting. A request for nominations for the 2017 Board of Directors was sent out earlier but no nominations have been received to date

5. Holiday Party – Pat reported that the party committee has resolved the loss of the caterer by finding a very capable caterer to provide the dinners, place settings, and linens. Replies have been good with the count currently at 115. A good supply of raffle and auction items has been collected. Pete Kutch has lined up the volunteers for the evening. Junior servers will not be used.

6. Member Upset Report – This issue has been resolved pending any further misconduct. All players need to curtail any foul or derogatory language while on the field.

7. Club Shirts – Mark Kaufmann will bring sample shirts to the January meeting.

8. Saturday League – The League started on November 12 with a full slate of games but has been rained out since and will not start again until December 31 due to Toys for Tots and fence upgrading.

9. Change of Bank – Angelo is still working on changing our account over to another bank. He will find out if our non-profit status will work in our favor in meeting bank requirements.

10. Señors Logo locations – The stick-on Club logo is peeling off the backstops and scoreboards. Steve will look into a more suitable material similar to what is on the City entrance boards.

11. San Carlos Thank You gift – This item has been overcome by circumstances.

12. Round Table – Hiro and Ron Sorg will be reviewing the Day Play rules soon. Rob inquired if we are within the limits of income from members for a non-profit to avoid taxes. Angelo says we are a 501 c (4) and should be OK. Bob Cushman has donated money for his half bat project sales. Friday batting practice is a non-Club event and any games on Friday will be a non-Club event. Dennis and the Vintage San Jose president are trying to get together to compare notes. The Club might look into inviting outside teams to the 2017 Saturday League.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:47 PM. The next monthly Board Meeting and the Annual Meeting are scheduled for Thursday January 5, 2017.

Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary