Text Size

April 2016

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for April 7, 2016 Board of Directors Meeting

The April 2016 meeting was called to order at 7:07 by Dennis Logie, President. Other Board members present: Steve Bowerman; Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Hiro Tarumi, and Rob Weiss.

Absent members: Angelo Rizzato and Dave Reck

Guests: Pete and Debbie Kutch and Bob Cushman

AGENDA ITEMS COVERED:

1. The March 2016 Board Meeting Minutes were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.

2. The March 2016 Treasurer’s Report was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. Bill verified the $125 credit the Club has with NCSSA. The Club’s insurance policy will be discussed when Angelo is available in May.

3. 2016 Holiday Party Update – Guests Pete and Debbie Kutch have reviewed Pat’s notes from past parties and are actively planning for this year’s party. They have several venue options to select from, are considering moving the date from the 1st Saturday in December to the 2nd, possibly will hire an experienced DJ, and will soon ask for volunteers and auction items from the Club. The Board has given them approval to move ahead.

4. Bat Keepsake Item – Bob Cushman has been actively marketing the Little League bats he converts to a clothes or hat rack. He has been selling them at a very low $10 price and is giving all the proceeds to the Club. He still has quite a few left and to expand the sales base, the Club will post on their website, their Facebook page, and the NCSSA website. Pat will take a flyer/ad to post at Terry Whitfield’s Future Pro Batting Cage business.

5. June Tournament Director – Interim Director Bill Picht has ordered the Baden Fire balls for the tournament and has received 4 entries so far. Dennis has reserved the Red Morton and Hawes Fields. The search for a Director has not found anyone yet although several members have been approached. Dennis has a list in priority order of several others that will be asked to be Director. The new Director will need to ensure that past tournament issues are resolved, i.e., keep games on time, safety for the players and non players, and reducing the cost to the Club.

6. Parking Lot Car Damage and Insurance – Due to the Treasurer’s absence, this item will be discussed next month.

7. Night Play Update – Pete reports that the 1st week of the Spring Season went well but having everyone show up at 7:00 resulted in too many players there at the same time although it provided a good social atmosphere. The following week was a bit better with games spread over 2 time slots. Several new Club members are playing at night.

8. Thank You Gift for San Carlos – the Board discussed ideas of what to give San Carlos in gratitude for letting us use the Highlands Field while Red Morton was being resurfaced. Ideas ranged from a Girls Softball scholarship, a defibrillator, painting the backstop, and a new picnic table. Dennis will do a little more research.

9. Tournament Team Sponsor Fund – The Club predicts 5 teams will seek a sponsorship this year: 70 and 75 Royals, Blues, Chiefs, and Turn Two. The Board is allowing $3,000 to be spread evenly for the teams, not to exceed $600 per team. In 2017, the Board will review the sponsorship allowance.

10. Round Table – Dennis reports that there is a strong possibility the Red Morton Fields, Griffin and Bechet, will be ready for play next week. Hiro did a walk through and found a few problem areas we assume will be fixed. Pete is working some website issues with attachments and a new software fix. He has updated the tournament information.

Meeting was adjourned at 9:20 PM.

Next monthly Board meeting will be Thursday May 5, 2016.

Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary