Redwood City Señors Softball Club
Minutes for November 12, 2015 Board of Directors Meeting
The November 2015 meeting was called to order at 7:05 by Dennis Logie, President. Other Board members present: Steve Bowerman, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, and Angelo Rizzato.
Absent: Hiro Tarumi and Rob Weiss.
AGENDA ITEMS COVERED:
1. The October 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the official Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.
2. The October 2015 Treasurer’s Report
was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. The report is starting to show an increase in funds due to 2016 dues and Holiday party payments that are beginning to come in. The final funds from the 1 pitch tournament have been deposited with the tournament finishing approximately $400 in the red.
3. Fall Night League
– The 1st half of the season will end November 16 and the 2nd half will begin November 30. Jim Rodondi has been umpiring the Night League for several years. The Board has decided this is an unnecessary expense and has opted to not have him umpire beginning immediately. This will be a significant cost savings for the Club. Any members willing to umpire on Monday evenings should contact one of the Night League commissioners.
4. Fall Saturday League
– The league now has 3 commissioners; Hiro, Bruce Barnes, and Pete Lewis. Games are scheduled to begin on November 14 at Hawes Park through February 2016. There are 2 divisions divided by age and skill, with 4 teams in the older division and 3 in the younger division with a possibility of adding a 4th team if enough players are available. Pete will contact the managers that all players must be active Club members.
5. Logo Ad at Redwood City Entrances
- Steve is still discussing with the Inter Service Club Coordinating Committee the hanging of our Club logo on a placard.
– Angelo says the new hat order should be in soon. We will receive 10 black, 10 grey, and 5 blue. Cost to members $16 each.
7. Hayward Tournaments
– Bill has been in contact with the NCSSA and the Hayward dates are ours if we want them but they have to know by Dec 1. After some discussion, the Board decided to not pursue the Hayward tournaments and instead consider having a 2nd Redwood City tournament in 2017. The difficulty of getting a director and volunteers for a tournament across the bay was a major factor in the decision.
8. New Board Nominees
– Notice went out Oct 25 soliciting nominations for new Board members next year. So far there has been no response.
9. Annual Board meeting
– Notice of the 2016 Annual Board Meeting scheduled for Jan 7 will be sent to all members after the Dec 3 Board meeting.
10. Cushman Bat Project
– Bob has access to 120 small wood Little League bats that with some creative thinking can be made into a number of things. Bob has one idea already prototyped and is looking for other ideas.
11. Holiday Party
– Pat reports everything is on schedule. The entertainment group is rehearsing, invite responses are coming in at a good pace, the committee has stuffed the gift boxes, raffle items have been obtained, and there are several auction items that should draw lots of interest.
12. Feedback on Dues Increase
– With the recent dues increase to $55, the response has been almost, save one, unanimously positive.
13. Day Play at Highlands
– With the returfing of Red Morton fields, Day Play at Highlands Park in San Carlos began Nov 10. Thanks much to Gordon Bell for being the liaison for the Club with San Carlos to allow us use of the fields. Batting Practice, usually held on Fridays, should now be at Marlin Park off Redwood Shores Parkway.
14. Decision on Hit for Distance at One-pitc
h – postponed.
15. Round Table
– Pete went over the Saturday League rules and the Board made a few recommendations.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:15 PM.
Next Board meeting will be Thursday, December 3, 2015.
Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary