Redwood City Señors Softball Club
Minutes for June 4, 2015 Board of Directors Meeting
The June 2015 meeting was called to order by Dennis Logie, President, at 7:10 PM. Board members present: Dennis, Steve Bowerman, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, Angelo Rizzato and eventually Hiro Tarumi.
AGENDA ITEMS COVERED:
1. The May 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the official Club website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.
2. The May 2015 Treasurer’s Report
was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato.
3. 2015 Sponsored Teams
– No change from last month with five teams to be sponsored at $600 each. Teams will be compensated $300 if the June tournament is canceled or if they are not invited to the tournament. There is a possibility that the Six Five O’s will apply for sponsorship next year since most of the players are in the Night League.
4. Spring/Summer Night League Update
– Last Tuesday, two 12 member teams played an 11 inning game. Coach Mike Vigo will be required to have a player or a screen in front of him while coaching 3rd base. Coaching 1st base does not present as much of a safety concern.
5. Summer Field Use
– Resurfacing of the Red Morton fields has slipped to November 2 and will take 4 months. This is due to soil settlement concerns from the current surface installation, the decision of RWC to pay more to do it right, and to extend the work to include the tennis courts, Kiwanis Field lights, etc. This means that the fields are now available during the summer but other organizations are trying to reserve them, making availability for the Club questionable.
6. June 25-28 Tournament
– 6 teams have officially agreed to participate in the tournament but not all of them can play on the same 2 days, i.e. either Thursday/Friday or Saturday/Sunday and the parity of them is not acceptable. Bill will call several teams to see if they can play Saturday/Sunday in two 4 team brackets using two of the Red Morton fields. Dennis will check field availability. If fields are available at Red Morton, Hawes Field will not be needed.
7. 4th July One Pitch
– Even though Red Morton fields might be available on July 4, there is not enough time for the Club to organize the 1 pitch tournament. The plan remains to have the tournament on Labor Day, September 7, 2015. Bill has a list of potential tournament directors and will ask if any of them are willing to organize the tournament.
8. Logo on New Backstop Pads and Scoreboards
– To commemorate the Club’s donation of the scoreboards, RWC will host a ceremony with a BBQ that will feature the Club’s logo on new backstop pads and the placement of our logo on the scoreboards. The tentative date for the ceremony is July 2, 2015.
9. Club Logo at RWC Entrances
– Steve will investigate the possibility of placing our logo on the Welcome to Redwood City placard at various locations.
10. San Jose Giants Outing
– Angelo has coordinated with the S.J. Giants for members to attend a game and BBQ on July 15. The cost to the Club will be $26 (up a dollar from last year) but for members it will remain at $15. Pat will provide sign up lists to post at Day and Night Play.
– Angelo had ordered and received 8 each white, gray and black Club hats. They were brought to Night Play and only a few white hats remain. A new order has been put in for more gray and black hats. Cost to members is $12.
12. Double Website
– Things are improving with not as much duplication on the old Club website. The Club’s new website (rwcseniorsoftball.org) is the official website of the Club and contains all the latest and up to date information on Club activities.
13. Round Table
– Hiro raised a concern regarding Day Play pitchers not using the protection screen. The Club rule is that Day Play pitchers must have the screen placed in a spot allowing the pitcher to easily step behind it after each pitch. Dennis announced that Day Play will be moving to the Hoover Field for the summer beginning July 6.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:15 PM.
Next Board meeting will be Thursday July 2, 2015.
Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary