Text Size

August 2015

Redwood City Señors Softball Club

Minutes for August 6, 2015 Board of Directors Meeting

The August 2015 meeting was called to order by Dennis Logie, President, at 7:00 PM. Board members present: Dennis, Steve Bowerman, Pete Lewis, Bill Picht, Dave Reck, Angelo Rizzato, Hiro Tarumi. Pat Michael was on vacation.

Chet Lane was welcomed as a guest club member attendee.

AGENDA ITEMS COVERED:

1. The July 2015 Board Meeting Minutes were approved as written. Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the official Club website, and sent to Donna OʼFarrell for historical recording.

2. The July 2015 Treasurerʼs Report was approved as submitted by Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato.

3. Pete reported that the Summer Night League is going well with 2 to 3 teams. The move to Wednesday night at Hawes Park for the fall league was dropped as the field is unavailable. Pete will continue to pursue Wednesday night for the Winter league if field is available, perhaps by December.

4. Bill and Chet reported detail plans for the Labor Day One Pitch Tournament are proceeding with biweekly meetings. Flyer and raffle tickets are being distributed either personally, e-mail or postal mail. Chet proposed a home run and accuracy hitting contest as a fun way to have a club fund raiser. Chet will provide details for a flyer to be distributed to club members upon approval of review by board members. Chet agreed to be tournament director.

5. Pete provided updated draft One Pitch Rules for board approval to eliminate some past problems.

6. Steve reported progress with RWC officials to install two metal club logos on RWC entrance.

7. Angelo reported 106 member/guests attended the San Jose Giants Game and BBQ. The club partially subsidized this trip.

8. Angelo reported sale of 65 new Club Hats. The club partially subsidized this effort.

9. Board Vacancy- One vacancy exists on the board. Pat Michael will review the club by law procedure/detail steps to fill this opening. One suggestion is to call a special club meeting on September 3 which coincides with the regular board meeting. The board member selection vote would be the initial agenda item allowing members to then leave if they wish.

Roundtable: Brenda Guzman reported that the club owned refrigerator in the snack shack is not working properly Chet volunteered to call a repairman he knows ASAP.

Hiro reported that no 80 yr olds have accepted the offer to use the small ball.

Meeting was adjourned at 9:20 PM.

Next Board meeting will be Thursday, September 3, 2015.

Respectfully submitted by Dave Reck for Pat Michael, Club Secretary