Redwood City Señors Softball Club
Minutes for October 9, 2014 Board of Directors Meeting
The October 2014 meeting was called to order by Dennis Logie, President, at 7:00 PM. Members present: Dennis, Steve Bowerman, Pete Lewis, Pat Michael, Dave Reck, Angelo Rizzato, Hiro Tarumi, and Lee Thompson. Absent member was Bill Picht.
AGENDA ITEMS COVERED:
1. The September 2014 Board Meeting Minutes were approved as submitted. Dave Reck asked if the issue on Day Play language was covered last month and has it been addressed with the parties involved. Dennis said the problem was an isolated one but the offending person might still need to be talked to.
Minutes are sent to all Directors, posted to the website, and sent to Donna O’Farrell for historical recording.
2. The September 2014 Treasurer’s Report was approved as submitted by the Treasurer, Angelo Rizzato. Angelo said it was a slow month as far as transactions go and he is still working on a Club inventory of assets and will check the Bechet shed soon. The Club spent $70 for the ball machine rental from Terry Whitfield for the Señors Games.
3. Fall Night League update – Commishes Pete, Angelo, and Steve report that Monday play started September 15 with 4 teams. Flag Football is at Hawes Field prior to Night Play and has been running late, past 7:00 PM, sometimes causing a conflict with infield warm-ups. The problem is getting better with Softball staying off the field until Flag Football is done and they in turn are finishing earlier. Night Play has been experiencing plenty of players for the 1st game but not enough for the 2nd game. The teams have elected to not use the pitching screen for games.
4. Saturday League – Hiro says he is available to help as Assistant Commissioner to Dean Perkins. Pete did a survey at Night Play to access the interest level for Saturdays and the response was very positive with 26 members that haven’t played before saying they would. A letter will go out soon to solicit anyone in the Club interested in playing on the Saturday League. Dennis will call the managers from last year’s Saturday League teams to see if they intend to play this year. Tentative start date is November 15 to run through February 2015. Once the Club gets responses from the letter and the phone calls, the commissioners can evaluate how to structure the league.
5. Board Member Nominees for 2015 – The entire Board is up for reelection next year with one member, Lee Thompson, not returning. A Request for Nominations letter will be sent to all members asking for candidates for the 2015 Board. The new Board will be voted on at the Annual Meeting on January 8, 2015.
6. New Website status – A letter to all members will soon be sent to announce the formal roll out of the Club’s new website. Pete will post the Señors Games results. Pete is also looking for ways to improve the website’s priority on searches.
7. Holiday Party update – Pat revisited the decision at the September Board to raise the fee to $40. Due to the higher cost of catering and other expenses, it was decided to stay with the increase.
8. Board Duties discussion – not covered.
9. Round Table – There are 46 Club members without email. For those members, the Request for Nominations letter and the Saturday League announcement letter will be included in their Holiday Party mailing. Angelo reported that a check for a new member’s annual dues bounced and the bank fined the Club. Angelo will try and get the bank to reverse the charges; otherwise we will have to charge the member.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:50 PM. Next Board meeting will be on Thursday November 6, 2014.
Respectfully submitted by Pat Michael, Club Secretary