REDWOOD CITY SEÑORS SOFTBALL CLUB
Minutes of the February 6, 2014 Board of Directors Meeting
The February 2014 meeting was called to order by Dennis Logie at 7:00 PM. All members were present except Pat Michael and Pete Lewis.
The January meeting minutes were approved with correction of meeting date to Feb 6. The January Financial Report presented by Treasurer Angelo Rizzato was accepted. Determination of revised inventory by Angelo will be completed by June 30, 2014.
AGENDA ITEMS COVERED
1. The June Tournament is scheduled for June 26/27/28/29. Dennis Logie will contact Dean Perkins and Bob Elwood to be co-directors and begin flyer prep.
2. July 4th One Pitch will have Ralph Mariucci as Commissioner. Bill Picht will contact Joe Kirby to ensure information from past events are available. Ralph will need some help from someone with computer skills to organize and communicate info to members. Pete Lewis would be perfect for that job but he may not be available.
3. Angelo will pay recurring annual Club liability insurance for four teams. ACTION: We will ask Donna to sort our membership by age to enable specific team designations.
4. Spring/Summer night league report from Pete Lewis. Tuesday’s from March 18 through August 12 confirmed with San Carlos. Managers and schedule completed. Letters to members will e-mail by Feb. 15. ASA umpire Jim R was approved.
5. Hero reported Saturday league success. Two divisions next year may improve parity.
6. Hero reimbursed for purchase of scoreboard and homeplate/mat from Morris Hosada.
7. We now buy .52 balls for day/night play from Redwood City Rec Dept. at best prices.
8. Day play commissioners Ron Sorg and Bill Picht are now backups to Glen Kovas.
9. Discussion on board duties and documentation for membership postponed to March.
10. Lack of Wednesday day players was discussed. An underlying reason maybe a decline of active players. The subject/options was postponed to a March brainstorming. ACTION: It would be helpful if Donna could provide membership numbers paid/unpaid and number of 80 year olds. Also helpful to have member list sorted by age, see item 3.
The meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM. Next Meeting – Thursday, March 6, 2014
Respectively submitted Dave Reck